Monday 3 September 2018

Artline Monday - Great British Bake Off fun and photo props

The Great British Bake Off started again last week and I am so excited to get to know all the new contestants.  My girls and I gather together on the sofa every Tuesday to watch the show and it has become a really big thing in our house (just for us girls though, the boys aren't interested)!

When we first started watching it the food always made us hungry so I started making sure we all had a drink and snack ready before each episode began but over the years this had evolved to something a little, well, you might say.... crazy!    

Menu for our Bake Off evening

You know those cafes with the fancy chalkboards that someone lovingly writes the menu or specials on?  Well I brought a little A4 size one for our GBBO evenings!  I use an Artline chalk marker to create the menu and then I stand the board up on the coffee table for when my girls get home from school so they can see what I have brought or made for us to eat while we watch the show!  It just adds an extra element of fun to the day and makes us look forward to Tuesdays a little more!  

I don't just use the board and markers for Bake Off though, they are great for photo props too!  Milestones, birthdays and events can all be written on the board and then held or added somewhere to the photo you are about to take.  I have been designing one for when the children go back to school in a couple of days and because the markers wipe off easily with a damp cloth if I don't like how something looks I can just wipe it away and start again! 

Vibrant chalk markers

The chalk markers are so much more vibrant than regular chalk so they really stand out against the black background and look great in photographs.

Back to school photo prop

I think I am going to do something like this for Wednesday's back to school photos, it just depends on whether I take a pic of my kids all together in their new uniforms or individual shots.  If I do get individual ones I can wipe out the year number and change it for each photo (or set of photos, I like to take a lot of pics!).

So do you like the sound of my GBBO evenings?  

No comments:

Post a Comment