- Be more organised. I was always very organised when I was only sorting myself out, then when I got married it was still easy to keep on top of what I/we needed to do. Now we have thrown three children into the mix I find it a little harder to keep track of everything so this year I want to tackle this. I have brought a new A5 filofax (a pink Apex for those interested) and I'm hoping it will help improve my life. The colour makes me happy and I have brought some very cute dividers for it so at the moment it is working in one aspect as it makes me smile! I have ordered some stationary bits and bobs to personalise it further and if I like how it turns out I will take some photos and write about it at a later date.
- Wear make up more often. At the moment I can go a couple of weeks at a time without "putting on my face". I was thinking that if I wasn't going anywhere more special than the school gates and the supermarket "what's the point?" but I have realised that I feel better when I'm wearing make up. I'm not talking full on everyday but some tinted moisturizer and mascara will only take a few minutes a day and I think I will be happier by doing that.
- Take longer baths. Last year my youngest was a very clingy toddler who didn't want me to be out of her sight. This year she has grown out of that a little and I'm going to take full advantage of it.
- Paint my nails. I love colours and I believe the right colour can improve your mood. I haven't been wearing nail polish as I felt a bit odd having perfectly painted nails but not wearing any make up so this year I'm going to do both!
- Read more. I have lots of books I've been wanting to read for a while now. I am going to make sure I take some time once a week to catch up on my reading. I love a good book and I read all kinds of fiction. I might even schedule some reading time into my diary to make sure I do it.
- Start drawing again. I can't remember the last time I picked up a pencil to draw for pleasure. My son quite often hands me a piece of paper, a pencil and one of his books and asks me to draw something from it (Skylanders, Pokemon, The Simpson, I've drawn them all.) and while I don't mind doing it, it's not fun for me. I'm going to look for a pad of paper that fits into my filofax and dig out my drawing pencils so if the mood hits me I will be ready for it!
Friday, 11 January 2013
New year, new me?
Erm..... no probably not. I have decided this year to make a list of small changes I can make to make me happier. I have a case of the January blues, I always do this time of year. For me the best bits of the year are nearly all packed into the last three months. So while the rest of the year isn't exactly a chore, I do find October through to December the most fun. The beginning of October for me is the start of the build up. Halloween, Bonfire Night and three family birthdays (including my own!) in the run up to the big event.... Christmas! So the start of the new year reminds me just how far away my favourite time of year is. This is my list: