Monday 1 October 2018

Artline Monday - Inktober daily drawing challenge

Who's ready to get inky fingers!?  It is the 1st October and that means it is also the start of Inktober!  I have heard a lot about this artistic challenge over the last couple of years but I have never joined in before so this is going to be all new to me but I'm really excited to get started!

The idea is to create a piece of art each day using pens and ink and share your drawings online with the tags #Inktober and #Inktober2018.  


My sketchbook and Artline pens

All you need to join in is some pens and a sketchbook or paper and the daily prompts to inspire you which I have added below.  The challenge is open to everyone no matter your skill level so don't feel like you have to be an amazing artist to take part, the whole point of Inktober is to get lots of people creating and enjoying drawing!

Daily prompts for the challenge

The prompts are just a starting point so you can interpret them however you like and the only rule is you must use a pen or pens to do your artwork.  You can sketch it out in pencil first if you like and then go over it with a pen or go straight for the ink, your drawings can be black and white, monochrome or colourful, it is all about celebrating your unique artistic style and it is up to you how you tackle this challenge!  

I am not a brilliant drawer, I feel like I used to be really good when I was doing my art A Level but since having children I rarely draw anything more than doodles which is a shame because I used to love filling my sketchbook with random creations and sketching things I had seen so I am looking at this month as a way to kick start my artistic side again!

The prompt for today is "poisonous" so I have been quite literal and drawn a bottle of poison, it is a bit wonky and not my best work but I'm hoping if I try to draw something each day I will improve by the end of the month.

Day one - poisonous

Whenever I take part in a daily challenge I like to get a little ahead of myself in case something comes up and I don't have the time to do it on the day so I have also completed tomorrow's challenge too which is "tranquil".


Day two - tranquil

I based this on a meditating Buddha and while it is quite simple I am happy with how he turned out!

So, will you be taking part in Inktober?  I will be sharing my drawings on the Artline social media accounts so make sure you are following them on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to see what I come up with!

Happy drawing!


No comments:

Post a Comment