Monday 4 March 2019

Artline Monday - International Scrapbooking Day

Today is International Scrapbooking Day so it's the perfect time to get crafty and creative while recording your memories!  

Scrapbook and pens

It has been years since I have done any scrapbook projects but knowing this day was coming up I felt inspired to get started again!  I don't have any special kits anymore but I do have plenty of papers and embellishments like tags, note cards, twine and washi tape so I decided to use these to make my first spread. 

Making heart decorations

I wanted to make some decorations using my Artline pens so I sorted out some different kinds of paper and a stencil.  I drew heart shapes onto linen card, watercolour paper and on a page out of an old book and then coloured them in using my Supreme highlighters and brush markers.

Blending the inks

Then I used a wet paint brush to blend and lighten the inks.


Watercolour hearts

Hearts on a page from a book

Once the papers had dried completely I cut them out carefully and then it was time to make my spread.

My heart embellishments

I started by adding strips of washi tape to my pages and then glued in a photo, some of the hearts and a note card for me to record my memories on.

Starting to decorate my pages

I used my brush marker to write Family on a little yellow tag and tied some matching twine to it before I glued it into place.

Family tag with matching twine

Then I arranged the rest of my hearts around the pages until I was happy with how it looked and glued them down too.

One side of my scrapbook spread

I love how each set of hearts have turned out differently depending on which kind of paper or card I used to make them.  I think the watercolour ones are my favourites but they all add a nice splash of colour to my layout.

The finished design

Are you an avid scrapbooker?  Do you have any hints or tips for me as I fill in this new book, please let me know!  

If you've never done any kind of scrapbooking do you fancy giving it a go?

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment