Ok, keep calm, it's finally here.... welcome to National Stationery Week! Day one is Pencil Day and I have some fab products from Staedtler to tell you about!
|Pencils, pencils, pencils, it's Pencil Day!|
If you went to school here in the UK during the 80's and 90's you will definitely remember using a yellow and black Staedtler HB pencil in your exercise books. I remember one of my teachers used to use a stanley knife to take a strip of wood off the end of these pencils so you could write your name on it in pen and that way no one could steal your pencil and claim it as their own! Receiving a pack of these pencils in the post triggered a huge wave of nostalgia in me and I have very fond memories of them.
I brought myself a set of Staedtler Noris pencil crayons back in January to use in my adult colouring book and when I decorate my planner pages. I love how colourful they look and they are really pigmented so you quickly get the colour onto the page. I have used cheaper colouring pencils before (like pound shop cheap!) and I found I had to keep going over the same bit time and time again to make the colour stronger so the Noris pencils are a joy to use!
|Staedtler Noris colouring pencils - finished picture|
I also like how blendable these pencils are, they give you the option to add tones and highlights to your pictures and then smudge them around a little until you get the desired effect. I gave the snow a blue tint around the edges in the four seasons picture above and the rain cloud has a grey hue to it as well. Using these pencils is a lot of fun when you are feeling artistic!
I received a second set of the Noris pencils from National Stationery Week so I want to give that set to away along with a pack of the HB pencils which Olivia from Staedtler sent to me. To enter this giveaway please tell me a memory from your school days, I will pick my favourite to win the prize. Here are the rules:
- Tell me a memory about your school days.
- I will pick my favourite story as the winner.
- This giveaway is open internationally.
- The giveaway ends at 12pm UK time on the 4th May 2016.
- I will announce the winner on this post on the 5th May 2016.
- This is the only prize (for today) - there is no cash alternative.
- If the winner doesn't contact me within 72 hours of my announcing the winning entry, I will have to pick a new winner.
- If you are under 18 years of age please ask your parent's permission before entering the giveaway.
- Both sets of pencils are brand new and unused but I have taken them out of their packaging to photograph them. The winner will receive five HB pencils and twelve Noris colouring pencils as pictured in this post.
I will be back tomorrow for Get Organised Day, see you then!